I've been hearing the following recurring question lately... "Do you have any suggestions on healthy lunch ideas?" Well, you asked and I am answering! It seems that for many, lunch seems to be the meal that receives the least amount of forethought and because of this many people end up making bad lunch choices.
My son just went back to school and I've been posting pictures of his lunch on our social media outlets and the feedback has been amazing. The photo above is a snapshot of his lunch this past Tuesday (spinach quesadillas on whole wheat tortillas, grapes, tomatoes and cucumbers). The quesadilla recipe is so easy, check it out on our website www.PressOnEnterprise.com. As you can tell by the second photo, he loved every bit of it. Below I have listed a few ideas to help you in the lunch department. Enjoy!
6 Tips for Healthy Lunches + Lunch Ideas:
1. Always, always, always include a fruit and vegetable in your lunch.
2. Plan ahead. Try to plan your lunches a week in advance and take time to prepare and put them in the
fridge at least 1 day in advance.
3. Make your lunch as colorful as possible.
4. Include whole grains in your lunch.
5. Make half of your lunch fruits and vegetables.
6. Include protein in your lunch
Lunch Ideas (always try to drink water with lunch):
1. Tuna Macaroni Salad (using whole wheat pasta), Orange Wedges, and Carrot Sticks
2. Whole Wheat Turkey Sandwich w/ Lettuce & Tomato, Apple Slices and Tortilla Chips
3. Stir Fry Veggies, Brown Rice and Melon